Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oops

We had our 24 week appt yesterday with the midwife...only to find out that I gained much more weight last month than I usually do.....oops. I usually gain 2-4 lbs, but DOUBLED that! I haven't changed my eating pattern (besides conv.) too much, so maybe baby had a little growth spurt, and I have to take the blame. ;) He sure is gettin bigger..cause I feel him kicking all the time!!

Convention was so good, and I wish that we could go back again this week. I think it was Harold Hilton who shared this...but either way...it's saved me a lot this week! There was a little girl, with a couple big brothers, making her quite a little spitfire, and pretty tough. Another schoolmate told her one day, "I don't like your face." Well this little girl just kindly looked at her and said, " Well.. I like your face."
He was mentioning the things that gave us peace...and kindness being one of them. So...I just kept saying "Well...I like your face" over and over in my head when I had to work with a very difficult person right away Monday morning.

Im just waiting by my phone, for a call from Anna saying they're on their way to the birth center...as I will be little Ella's "helper" at the birth of their 3rd! Im very excited to not only help Ella with this experience, but witness it myself. It will make me stronger, and get me ready for our own natural birth!! So...I have a bag packed in case the call comes in the middle of the night...:)

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

my dear esasa, if it makes you feel any better, by the time cole was born i had gained about 65 pounds (and kim was the same with david). so, i think it's ok to have an occasional extra pound here and there, althoug i myself do NOT plan on repeating the 65-lb weightgain with this baby!

Alison said...

Elissa, thanks for the reminder of what we heard at convention! I don't want to forget that one!

Glad all is going well for you! Don't stress to much about the wieght gain. Cute pictures too!

Nachtigal said...

Elissa, I gained 85 lbs, and they were 5 weeks early. I can't imagine what I would've gained if I had went any longer. One thing that will take it right off is breast feeding. I'm not sure if you are planning to breast feed but if you are, don't worry at all about gaining weight.

Nachtigal said...

P.S. I LOVE THE PICTURE WITH LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logan, you are such a great guy and you will be an amazing father.

Lindsay said...

your profile pic makes me teary- i don't think i've ever seen a guy so wrapped up in such a tender moment! love you guys!

Paige's Parents said...

Elissa, you looked great and you haven't gained a ton of weight all along, so it's ok to play catch up now. Besides it's a boy - boys are supposed to be bigger!

Yes that was one of my favorite messages from convention. I have definitely NEVER been the sweet girl with the sweet response; guess I lots to work on! :)

- Brenda

Amber said...

With Brookelyn and Trae, I didn't gain anything until my 20 week appt, then I gained 23 in one month. This baby I'm gaining more gradually, and I think I'm going to pass the 20 lb mark that I had with them. Elliot was 35, and I got it off each time pretty effortlessly. You are so lucky to be able to attend a birth, it's amazing.

TruffleLady said...

Elissa,

When allowed to do so naturally, every pregnant woman's body gains weight differently. Personally I gain slowly, a pound or two a month, then in the 6th month I gain 12 lbs, and then just a pound or two more the rest of the pregnancy, loosing a pound or two the last few weeks. Every woman you ask will have a different "story"...just enjoy yours! Midwives usually understand this principle and as long as you are eating healthy, don't really stress about the numbers. Congrats on choosing to have a natural birth...it will be the most powerful experience you ever have, and seeing a natural birth will be perfect preperation. I suggested to Anna that she ask you to be Ella's helper, and she said she was already thinking about it! I have a book about natural birth and 2 maternity dresses to send you...must get on that!

Heather T said...

Elissa, the pics are absolutely adorable!! You look amazing, so I wouldn't worry about the weight gain.:-) I'm finding it's different this time around than the first time...with Logan I gained alot right away and then kinda tapered off...with this one I've not gained NEAR what I did with him, so it's kinda weird! Anyway, I love the pics...and the profile pic is so sweet!:-)

Heather T said...

Oh yeah...and how neat that you get to be a helper for a natural birth...I'm sure it will be an awesome experience!!:-)