Monday, August 10, 2009

the one not met and womens strength

had a 25 week appt with jeanne today. im measuring 28 weeks, but i measured ahead with coy too, so im not surprised. had glucose testing too, so had to drink that aweful orange gunk...blech. i've been having braxton hicks contractions, something i haven't experienced before. weird! this baby is super active...usualy about the time im ready to settle into bed for a good nights sleep. just preparing me i guess..... :)

and in preparing for birth again, im re-reading from my good friend ina may gaskin. yes, men are strong, drive fast, sometimes smarter than we are...but seriously... can they give BIRTH? womens bodies are amazing! the energy, strength and mind/body connection it takes is incredible and so special. we are not just stay at home moms, secretaries or what not, we have been created to carry and deliver another human being, in the most sacred way...which to me, makes me feel so proud that I am a women and a mother! kudos to us, ladies!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

yes, we are amazing. and to quote ina may: "if men had uteruses, they'd be bragging about them". or something to that effect. makes me giggle! :)

Heather S said...

I'm so glad I was able to conceive, carry and deliver each of our 4 kids.
It's an experience you can't even begin to describe, or if you do, you never do it justice. To say it's an honor is an understatment.