Thursday, July 8, 2010

the little boys that rule this house

sigh...just thinking of post on this blog overwhelms me...
i always have lots to blog, but wonder if it's worth the effort. (who reads this anyway?)
so, i wait...and wait...and wait, until it's just too much to post in one post, when i DO actually get my butt motivated to blog.
so anyway...here's a little from the braaten house :)




Coy is not a baby anymore...he's a LITTLE BOY!! He's starting to talk a lot, not only saying new words, but putting 2-3 words together.
Here are a few :
  • "mama, *grunt* stuck" (in his carseat. of course dear, you should be stuck)
  • "colt wodder" in the pool. or any water for that matter...seems to be "colt". once in a while it's "hot", as he blows on his hands. water is his new obsession :)
  • "dum dum dum di-ee dum" (dum ditty dum ditty dum, dum, dum)

  • he says "buckle" when he's wearing his belt. and if he's not wearing it, he's sure to show you where it should be. Same thing with "pocket".

And, there's many, many more. He's starting to pay more attention to the little non-play things now too, which is big for us. We usually hold hands when we give thanks for a meal, and he made the connection the other night in meeting. During prayer, he bowed his head, and grabbed for our hands. It was so sweet, but of course lasted for about 20 seconds.

He got a POTTY CHAIR! thats another thing he's been obsessed with...so we though we'd try it out. He hasn't gone in it yet, but he "practices" everyday ;) As he sits on it, I hear "pah-ee...poopy. pah-ee...poopy"





Bentley is working on cutting his second tooth...i can see it just below the surface of his gums. He's of course chewing on lots of things, and of course cranky. It doesn't help that by 3 o'clock it's usually about 76 degrees in the house. oof da! He obviously has started eating solids...but not as usual as he probably should be. When Coy was about 5 months, I was really excited about feeding him solids (who knows why...just the first-time mom thing?). Now, I realize the effort and mess and clean up that it takes...and it's harder for me to get used to doing that more then once a day, especially when it's much easier to just unsnap my bra. So...he's been nursing ALL the time. Yesterday though, I made a TON of baby food...hoping to start actually feeding it to him. My favorite? Breakfast medly...blueberries, apples & oats.

We enjoyed our 4th of July with Hugh & Carmen, and Kenny & Lichen in Townsend. We had planned on going out on the lake that day, but the weather told us otherwise. So we spent the day playing at a park, having a picnic, and walking downtown Helena. The company was nice :)

12 comments:

Sandy said...

I read your blog and gobble up every post! I miss your family so much when I don't see you and am SO glad for every little hug to my heart! Thanks so much 'Lissa, love you! :)

Mariah said...

I read your blog... and LOVE it when you post! :) Keep it up, sistah! We appreciate anything you give us. :)

Melissa said...

I read your blog and love it when I see you've updated again! Keep 'em coming!

Ashley said...

Lis, I love your Blog!! I love seeing how those handsome little boys are growing. They're both at such fun ages.....Isn't amazing how they slowly learn the understanding and concepts of things. Also I couldn't agree with you more about starting solids...it was so exciting the first time. Then you do learn how much of a mess it tends to be...however I did enjoy making baby food. No clue why...you will have to send me some of your recipes though. :)

Janette said...

I sure understand how hard it is to find the time for keeping up a blog....especially after spending a week at Ellen's with her busy little ones! I do so love getting a peek into your daily lives....I'm missing those two cuties! Love MOM B

Heather S said...

i've been slacking on our blog too. lots to blog about, but not enough time to do it!

Carmen said...

I read your blog too and love seeing your pictures. You have to come back and we will go on the boat. It has been clear and hot here everyday now. Thanks for coming anyway we sure enjoyed hanging out with you guys.

candy said...

I read your blog too :) Makes me feel a teensy bit connected to your sweet little family. Sorry I don't comment often.

The Parsons Family said...

I was glad for the update. This is the way I keep connected with your little family. In fact, I have been waiting for an update and more pictures!! I check your blog often cause I know you are a faithful writer. Am disappointed that we won't see you at the family reunion.
Aunt Elaine

Elissa & Logan said...

thanks ladies! it's fun to see "who goes there" :)

<3 Sierra said...

I'm not great about reading (or blogging for that matter)but it is nice to see what you guys are up to. It's more personal than Facebook, I think. It's great to see pictures of your two lil men! :)

Neisha said...

your boys are getting so big!