Thursday, June 19, 2014

“The process of living seems to consist in coming to realize truths so ancient and simple that, if stated, they sound like barren platitudes.” –C.S. Lewis

This quote knocked me down to the floor a few months ago. Why am I always frustrated, doing things "just to get by", and missing the beautiful blessings in every hour? I realized my need to simplify. Simplify my thoughts. Simplify my efforts. Simplify things. Seems like such a simple solution to allow the peace and beauty back into my every day.

One step in simplifying my life is getting rid of my social media crutch. Get rid of (even if it's unconsciously) the comparing my life to others, judging what's not my place to judge, gathering strong opinions about things I really don't care about, and worrying about things that are not mine to worry about.

Which means that I will be blogging more. I know, I say that like every 6 months, but I realized that a lot of the most important people in my life don't have facebook.


***

And now I don't even know where to start back up again!! This spring has brought SO much fun with these little boys that sometimes I can't believe this is my REAL job. Then, however, were the challenges I never wanted to deal with...but our lives paint a large picture that requires that kind of color and detail to make it beautiful.

We have a zillion pictures and memories from this months trip to UPMI/WI for a beautiful wedding and family time. It brought a bunch of adventure, and I'll slowly share those pictures :)

For today, this picture tugs at me heart :)

4 comments:

Project Run & Play said...

We're so glad you'll be blogging more! We're some of those not one Facebook...not sure how important we are though! We did mention you in a blog post the other day! (http://skirtfixation.com/2014/06/refashion-magda/)

Elissa & Logan said...

Oh Adeline, you ARE some of the important ones!! (this IS Addie, isn't it? ;) )
Aww I see that! Thank you! I'm so happy you liked the outfit..now I need to see a picture of the little guy in it! Sweet baby kisses to him too. xo

RodneyAmanda Braaten said...

yay! you're back! :)

Sandy said...

I'm glad I keep checking here and I'll check even more! :) Always love your cute stories and fun pictures of REAL life! Love you all! :)